Headache treatment in Newcastle and in the Northumberland.
Headaches are a common complaint – with a common solution, painkillers.Physiotherapy Matters offers specialist headache treatment in Newcastle and across Northumberland.
However for those who suffer from reoccurring or chronic headaches, Physiotherapy could be the answer as The Neck has been recognised as a source of many headaches by the Classification Committee of the International Headache Society and the International Association for the study of pain.
The two types of headache which can be managed or even cured successfully by Physiotherapy are:
- Characterised by a persistent low intensity, often a tight band sensation, typically in the forehead, temple upper neck (back of the head) regions.
- Pain occurs as a result of substantial muscular contraction, brought on by stress/tension, poor posture or muscle imbalance (weakness of the stability of muscles)
- This type of headache presents itself as a one-sided deep, dull pain starting in the neck or back of the head (Occiput) and radiating to the frontal, temporal and upper eye areas.
- The associated symptoms can include; nausea, dizziness, vertigo and blurred vision.
- These types of headache are common following whiplash injuries; they are also caused by upper neck joint problems and Spondylosis
Headaches can be treat using methods such as:
- Soft tissue / Connective tissue Massage or Mobilsations
- Manual therapy, including traction
If you are suffering from persistent headaches call us and arrange a consultation.We aim to be a number provider of headache treatment in Newcastle and Northumberland.