Remote physiotherapy services are commonplace in contemporary health care services including occupational health and NHS settings. Physiotherapy Matters have extensive experience in offering remote occupational health physiotherapy services to a large range of businesses across the North East. This service can be offered as a stand-alone option or alongside an existing occupational physiotherapy service, and can include physiotherapy consultations, group wellbeing sessions or workplace assessment.
Our Remote Physiotherapy Consultations are completed 100% of the time by musculoskeletal and occupational health specialist physiotherapists and offer a number of unique advantages when managing musculoskeletal conditions including:
- Fast access to assessment (typically within 48 hours)
- Convenience of not having to take time from work to travel to appointments
- Early advice to help patients manage their condition and begin the recovery process
Our experience tells us that employees who receive quick access to assessment and advice for musculoskeletal conditions from a Specialist Occupational Physiotherapist are likely to recover quicker. This will improve the health and wellbeing of the employee as well as reducing the financial impact on the business associated with absence and reduced productivity.
What does a remote physiotherapy assessment involve?
- A 20-30minute telephone or video call at an agreed and convenient time
- A thorough assessment of the employee’s musculoskeletal complaint, their general health and their functional ability.
- The opportunity for the employee to ask questions relating to how best to manage their symptoms
- A diagnosis and specific advice about how to best manage the condition
- Appropriate signposting to our electronic self-help resources
- The call will typically be followed up with an email to the employee with self-help guides and tailored exercises
Following the call, and with the employees’ consent, a detailed occupational physiotherapy report can be sent to the HR department, Occupational Health and the employees GP. This will provide details of the employee’s condition, functional ability and long-term prognosis.
In instances where the physiotherapist feels that a face to face appointment is required the employee can either be booked into a face to face slot if a service exists or signposted to the NHS physiotherapy systems. Where a national service is required any face to face physiotherapy appointments can be offered via our extensive network of physiotherapy partners that have been checked and vetted to ensure they meet our standards.
Our bespoke Remote Group Wellbeing Sessions are designed in partnership with yourself to suit your business needs and can cover a variety of topics such as manual handling, DSE use and workplace health and wellbeing. Using the latest video technology, we can bring our wellbeing sessions to a variety of group sizes at locations convenient to each attendee. All of our training programmes use a mixture of evidence-based theory and demonstration and employ a number of teaching methods in order to keep employees engaged while providing them with useful information for improving their health and wellbeing.
Remote Workplace Ergonomic Assessments, using telephone or video technology, provide an affordable, convenient alternative to our full face-to-face workplace assessments. Our assessments include
- Discussion surrounding existing aches and pains
- Discussion surrounding job requirements
- Advice on seating, desk, screen, keyboard, mouse and paperwork
- Advice on environmental factors such as lighting, available space and temperature
- A tailored short exercise programme, sent electronically, to minimise the detrimental effects of sustained positions.
Contact us today