Care Home Physiotherapy Services
Physiotherapy Matters offer a wide range of Older People and Occupational Health Services to Residential and Nursing homes across the North East. Physiotherapy Matters Ltd have been delivering Care Home Physiotherapy services since 2016. The service has been recognised in homes CQC inspections, resulting in improved ratings in a number of aspects, through improved resident care, engagement, and wellbeing.
Our services are available on an ad hoc basis or as part of our Care Home Wellbeing Packages and are tailored to suit each Care Homes Objectives, benefiting both residents and employees. The provision can include some or all the following services:
- New and existing resident mobility assessments
- Rehabilitation and treatment programs for residents and staff
- Staff Musculoskeletal Occupational Health services
- Exercises classes for residents including falls prevention and resident wellbeing
The service can be a full or half day weekly, fortnightly, or monthly service that suits the Home’s requirements.
Resident Assessment and Treatment
As part of our older people physiotherapy service, our physiotherapists will assess individuals and develop a comprehensive and bespoke exercise plan to help the resident maintain mobility, strength and coordination to increase their confidence and independence.
The benefits include:
- Assessing residents’ mobility and rehabilitation needs
- Identification of the most appropriate walking aids
- Identification of residents at risk of falls and implementation of measures to minimise this
- Increased confidence and mobility of residents leading to reduced care needs and reliance on care staff
- The resident’s progress will be observed, measured, and recorded
- Regular liaison and hand overs with care staff
Our physiotherapists work alongside the nursing and care staff to ensure the residents needs are being met and the service provided is being optimised for the best results. We work closely with the homes carers to help them to encourage and support residents to continue their exercises.
A core element of our care home physiotherapy service is providing tailored exercise classes to care home residents to encourage them to stay active, reduce the risks of falls, maintain their strength and balance. We understand the importance of independence and encourage residents to maintain their mobility. The classes are designed to suit the abilities of the residents, including seated classes for less mobile residents and engaging classes for dementia care residents.
We offer occupation health services to care home staff, which includes assessments, treatment, workstation assessment, manual handling assessment and training.. Often, we see care home workers with complaints such as back pain or knee pain from moving and handling, kneeling to support residents, and being on their feet for long periods of time. By introducing an occupational health service, you could reduce your levels of sick leave due to any musculoskeletal issues as well as improve staff moral.
Please call 0191 285 8701 to speak to our Older People Team Lead or Business Manager for more information about regular or ad hoc services.
Contact us today