Physiotherapy can be of major benefit both before and after surgery.
There is strong evidence to support the benefits of getting as fit as possible before operations, for example, before hip or knee joint replacement surgery. Exercises to build up the muscles ahead of an operation can have very beneficial effects on postoperative recovery. Similarly, following surgery, timely and effective rehabilitation can be key to making the best possible recovery.
Here at Physiotherapy Matters we are happy to see anyone who would benefit from physiotherapy either before or after surgery. Following a thorough assessment patients receive an exercise programme tailored and progressed to meet their individual needs and capabilities. In addition, it may be helpful to consider other forms of therapy such as: acupuncture; or soft tissue massage.
Physiotherapy can be arranged through any of our clinics. Alternatively, we are very happy to conduct home visits where we come direct to your home to treat you. As a general rule, the sooner we see you, the better the outcome. If required, we will liaise with your hospital consultant or district nurse to ensure the best coordinated approach to your care.
Procedures that can benefit from physiotherapy include:
- Knee: joint replacement; post fracture management; ligament reconstruction; arthroscopy (key hole surgery).
- Hip: joint replacement; post fracture management; labral repair; post injection
- Spine: discectomy; joint fusion; post fracture management; post injection
- Shoulder: labral repair; rotator cuff reconstruction; post fracture management; joint reconstruction.
- Foot and Ankle: ligament reconstruction; tendon reconstruction; joint replacement; post fracture management.
Contact us today