At Physiotherapy matters, we pride ourselves on the knowledge and skills of our Physiotherapists. Each has a vast experience in treating a range of conditions from chronic lower back pain, to acute sports injuries. We understand that it’s not just elite sportspeople whose lives are affected by pain and injury. That’s why we apply the same expertise and patient-centred approach to all of our patients, regardless of age or level of activity. There is no need for a GP referral, no waiting lists, early mornings and evening slots are available.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Back Pain – a common problem and will affect all of us at some point in our lives. There are numerous causes from posture to disc related pain.
- Neck Pain – another common problem often caused by anxiety and tension. Other causes include whiplash, Cervical Spondylosis and Tempero Mandibular Disorder.
- Shoulder Pain – This can be caused by conditions such as subacromial pain syndrome, osteoarthritis or frozen shoulder.
- Knee Pain – a common cause is osteoarthritis however there are many other structures within the knee that can cause pain such as the patellofemoral joint, meniscal injuries, ligament or tendon injuries.
- Foot Pain – there are two common conditions called Plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendinitis however there are many different causes.
- Tennis/Golfers Elbow – a strain to tendons in the forearm or the inside of the elbow.
- Sports Injury – recreational or elite sporting injuries.
- Chronic pain – global body pain such a fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
In order to provide effective care, we offer a wide range of Physiotherapy-led interventions to be able to support you and meet your individual needs. These might include:
- Manual Therapy
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Postural Advice
- Ergonomic Advice
The team at Physiotherapy Matters are passionate about supporting you in achieving your individual goals in the most appropriate way for you.
At Physiotherapy Matters, we offer a wide range of treatments to common ailments.
What is Whiplash? Whiplash is the common term for the acceleration-deceleration forces on the neck which may occur in a […]
What is neck pain? Neck pain is very common and in most cases it is not a serious problem. Generally […]
The two major types of Arthritis Inflammatory Arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis. This is an ‘autoimmune’ disease in which the […]
Back pain is extremely common and can often be split into two ‘types’ of pain Non-specific back pain Non-specific means […]
Headaches are a common complaint – with a common solution, painkillers. Physiotherapy Matters offers specialist headache treatment in Newcastle and […]
Injuries are commonplace in sport. A structured warm-up, stretching session and cool down can help prevent injuries from occurring. Physiotherapy […]
What is subacromial pain syndrome? Subacromial pain, also known as rotator cuff related shoulder pain, is a condition affecting structures […]
What is Achilles Tendinopathy? The Achilles tendon stems from the gastrocnemius and soleus muscle in the calf and attaches into […]
What is frozen shoulder? Frozen shoulder, also known as ‘adhesive capsulitis’, is a condition in which the shoulder joint becomes […]
What is Tennis Elbow? Tennis elbow is a tendinopathy of the wrist extensor tendons, which attach at the lateral epicondyle […]
Jaw Pain (Also called Temporomandibular Disorders) ‘Temporomandibular disorder’ (TMD) is the term used to describe bothersome symptoms related to the temporomandibular […]
Fibromyalgia is a debilitating condition typically characterised by widespread pain and hypersensitivity; however, many other symptoms can also feature including […]
Contact us today