At Physiotherapy Matters, our physiotherapists have a wealth of experience in providing telephone and video physiotherapy assessments and advice to those with musculoskeletal conditions.
Video assessments – Your physiotherapist can provide a thorough assessment and go through your home exercise programme with you. If you don’t have access to video, don’t worry – our physios can still provide an effective and thorough assessment over the phone. If any home exercises are needed, these can be sent out to you via email or in the post.
Telephone triage is common place within most physiotherapy services. Evidence suggests that it is an effective form of assessment and management.
Benefits of virtual physiotherapy assessments:
- Fast access to physiotherapy assessments
- Convenience of not having to take time off work to attend appointments
- Receive early treatment and management advice, including electronic access to an individualised exercise program following assessment
- Appropriate signposting to electronic self-help resources
- Fast onward referral to other services or for further investigations if needed
- Follow up appointments to check your progress and make any changes needed to the management of your condition
What does a virtual assessment involve?
- An initial assessment will usually be a 45 minute appointment. If you have been referred through insurance this may vary depending on your insurance provider.
- Your physio will ask you specific questions about your condition, and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have
- A diagnosis will be given, with advice about how best to manage your symptoms
- If a home exercise program is advised, this can be emailed to you or sent in the post
- Follow up a telephone or video assessments are offered – this will typically be a 30 minute appointment at about 2 weeks following your initial assessment. Your physio will check your progress and make any changes to your treatment as needed
Prices for self-paying customers:
|Initial assessments from||£70|
|Follow up treatment sessions from||£50|
This service is available to our privately insured, self-paying, and referred customers. Contact the clinic if you have any questions or would like more information – call 0191 285 8701 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us today