Introducing our Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist
We are delighted to announce that Iain Loughran is joining the team at Physiotherapy Maters as a Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist.
Iain has acquired extensive experience in a range of settings including NHS (both primary care and hospital services), Occupational Health (Northumbria Police), and sports injuries. He has recently qualified as an Independent Prescriber and is also currently studying for a Ph.D. in Physiotherapy at Northumbria University.
Appointments are available with Iain for:
- Complex case management
- Injection Therapy
- Medication Management (including prescribing)
Do I need an appointment with a Clinical Specialist?
We would recommend an appointment with Iain if:
- you are suffering from a condition that is resistant to current treatment
- your condition is presenting in a complex manner that is difficult to
- your condition has been untreatable to date
- you would like a second opinion on a condition
Is injection therapy right for me?
Injection therapy within the context of physiotherapy practice is used for therapeutic purposes. For example it can be used to treat:
- inflammatory pain from a range of orthopaedic and rheumatological conditions
- spasticity and dystonia from a range of neurological conditions
- chronic headaches from musculoskeletal or neurological origin
- some bladder disorders in women’s health physiotherapy.
Steroid injections are used for a wide range of joint, tendon and bursa problems. Corticosteroid is a very useful anti-inflammatory medication which provides pain relief with minimal discomfort from the procedure. Relieving pain and inflammation allows exercises and strengthening to be undertaken more successfully resulting in steroid injections playing a major role in musculoskeletal and sports medicine treatment plans.
If you would like further information or to book an appointment with Iain, please give us a call on 0191 285 8701