What is Occupational Health?
April 7, 2015
Occupational health is a speciality that considers very specifically the effects of work on health. It also considers an individual’s health, ability and fitness to perform a particular job. Research has proven physiotherapy to be clinically and cost effective at keeping people at work or helping workers return quickly after sickness absence.
Physiotherapy Matters works extensively with corporate clients throughout the North East to promote health and wellbeing in the workplace. Both on-site and within our clinics, we provide effective and collaborative musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy provision to meet the individual Occupational Health needs of each individual business.
We offer a wide range of Occupational Health services in Newcastle and across the North East, including but not limited to:
- Sickness absence management
- Telephone triage
- Educational workshops / health promotion
- Prevention and wellbeing services
- Ergonomics and training
- Pre-employment health screening
- On-site or off-site MSK Physiotherapy
- Management information
- Reports / Return to work advice
- Case management / advice on alternative roles
- Job specific manual handling advice
- Fit note analysis
- DSE/Work Station assessments
- Rapid access to specialist services
If you would like to discuss the difference that physiotherapy could make to your healthy, happy workforce please contact Neeraj Nayyar via email@example.com